Justin W. Clark
Business & Governance/Tax Planning and Controversy
Justin Clark practices in the tax planning and controversy and business organization and governance sections at DGC Law. He focuses on advising companies in the oil and gas and oilfield service industries in acquisitions, divestitures, private equity raises, joint ventures, debt financings, leases and sales of minerals and equipment, and 1031 exchanges with issues unique to mineral interests.
- Missouri, 2007
- Illinois, 2008
- Texas, 2011
- U.S. Tax Court, 2009
- New York University School of Law
New York, New York, 2008
LL.M. in Taxation
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
Kansas City, Missouri, 2007
Honors: Cum Laude
Law Review: UMKC Law Review Associate Editor
- Westminster College
Fulton, Missouri, 2004
B.S., Business Finance and Political Science
Honors: Scholarship Chair for the Kappa Alpha Order
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Midland Young Professionals in Energy, Member and Former Compliance Chair
- Midland Odessa Business and Estate Council, Member and Former Vice President
Presentations and Publications:
- "Estate and Gift Tax Updates and Opportunities in the Current Economy"
Investments & Wealth
Monitor, July/August 2009
- "Recent Developments In Transferee Liability for Intermediary Transactions"
Federal Taxes Weekly Alert
Newsletter, Volume 58, No. 7, February 16, 2012
- "Like-Kind Exchanges After The 2017 Tax Cuts & Jobs Act"
* Special thanks to for providing a stunning local backdrop for several of our attorneys' portraits.